- Additionally, almost 400 million people in various parts of the world use French either as a second or a foreign language.
- French speaking communities are present in 57 countries including France, Belgium, Switzerland and Luxembourg in Europe, as well as parts of Canada and the USA.
- For those looking to study in Canada, knowledge of French is mandatory in the provinces of Quebec, New Brunswick and parts of Ontario.
- Large parts of Africa (known as Francophone Africa) use French as a strong second language.
- French is also an official language of all United Nations agencies, and a large number of other international organizations including NATO, WTO and the ICRC.
- It is popular as a business language too, and the third most spoken second language in the European Union, after English and German.
- In India, French is been taught as a second or a third language at the secondary and high school levels, and is available in the curriculum for ICSE, CBSE, International Baccalaureate (IB), IGCSE and State Board Schools.
- At the college and University levels too, French is available as a language option.
- In the corporate sector, a large number of French organizations have set up joint ventures in India, including Renault Nissan, Alcatel, Saint Gobain, Groupe Danone, and a number of others, all of which has contributed to a growing demand for people with skills in the French language.
- The new age businesses such as BPOs, Call Centres, and E-commerce companies have further expanded career options for those with knowledge of French.
French has been the flagship language at INaWORD from 2000 onwards, and is an area of considerable expertise across learner age groups.
At INaWORD, we have a variety of French language training courses for students of different profiles, allowing students to enhance their skills at the school and college levels, or to tap into the rapidly growing career opportunities that ability in spoken French provides. These are:-
- INaWORD Flair – for adults (15 years plus)
- INaWORD Affinity – for corporate organizations
- INaWORD Excel – syllabus-oriented programmes for schoolchildren.
INaWORD capability in this area extends across CBSE, ICSE, State Board and IGCSE schools. French classes in Chennai for ICSE students is a particular area of strength, and INaWORD has been handling the French course requirements on an “outsourced” basis for a number of ICSE schools in Chennai.
- INaWORD Junior – “out of interest” courses for children.
We have also developed special French language learning courses for kids in the 7 to 10 age group, and a special programme for 11 to 15 year olds, which prepares the learners for internationally recognized “DELF Junior” certification at different levels.
INaWORD conducts the best French language classes in Chennai. We have a variety of French language courses for students of different profiles, allowing students to enhance their skills at the school and college levels.