The Mandarin Chinese Language
- Chinese or the Sinitic languages is a language family consisting of between seven and thirteen language groups (depending on classification scheme), of which the most-widely spoken is Mandarin Chinese.
- There are 850 million Mandarin Chinese speakers worldwide, with ‘Wu’ at 90 million being a distant second.
- Standard Mandarin (based on the Beijing dialect, which is the dialect of Mandarin as spoken in Beijing) is the official language of the People’s Republic of China, as well as one of the four official languages of Singapore.
- It is spoken widely in the North and the Southwest of China, as well as in Singapore and other parts of South East Asia.
- It is also one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
- The Chinese economy is now the second largest economy in the world and has been consistently clocking a very strong growth rate.
- China has emerged as the largest global manufacturing hub across industries, and knowledge of Mandarin Chinese has proven to be essential in the conduct of business dealings with Chinese corporations and manufacturers.
- For a very long time, China had remained insulated from the rest of the world. As a consequence, the familiarity with and use of foreign languages (including English) in China has been very limited. While this is changing, with learning of English being actively encouraged in China, knowledge of English is not widespread, and it therefore becomes mandatory for entrepreneurs and others who have business dealings with China to develop at least a working knowledge of Mandarin Chinese, the most widely spoken Chinese language.
Chinese in India
- In India, Chinese firms have established a substantive presence in key infrastructure sectors, worth nearly $ 2 billion, and climbing rapidly.
- Chinese companies have marked out a distinctive space for themselves across India; they are bidding for and winning a number of infrastructure contracts.
- Apart from this, Chinese companies have also emerged as key players in consumer durables including mobile phones and household appliances.
- In recent times, China has emerged as an attractive destination for medical students from India, with Chinese universities offering cost-effective undergraduate education in medicine, with the degrees being recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Given these trends, there is a strong and growing need for those with business relationships with Chinese companies to learn Mandarin Chinese, in order to improve business communication.
Chinese at INaWORD
- INaWORD has pioneered Chinese training in Chennai, with Mandarin Chinese being one of our fastest-growing languages. We have learners from all walks of life – entrepreneurs, students & employees of corporations.
- The Chinese language learning courses at INaWORD combine the practical requirements of spoken Chinese with the coursework required to appear for the HSK international certification examinations.
- Each of these courses is structured as a 40-hour programme, covering the necessary vocabulary requirements, with particular emphasis on pronunciation and understanding the challenging “4 tones” typical of Mandarin Chinese.
- INaWORD’s Chinese training courses are offered as a part of our “Flair” programme for adults (14 years upwards), as well as the “Affinity” corporate programme.
If you are looking for best Chinese language course or Chinese classes in Chennai then you should prefer INaWord for this training.
Tags : learn Chinese Chennai, Chinese class Chennai, Spoken Chinese in Chennai